Study Visa to Study in Canada?
Every year, there are thousands of students seeking study visa for Canada. Since this country is student friendly, more and more students are applying for the same. The universities from Canada are preferred by more than 130,000 international students yearly.
Offering high quality teaching system, good career opportunity and international collaborations, are some of the reasons why students prefer Canada as the ultimate destination.
Thanks to the Apex Visas, the process of seeking study is now much easier and faster. Many students who wrote Apex Visas reviews have mentioned that the experts offer complete assistance to students through entire application process.
Now let us now check how to get study visa for Canada-
Decide a university to apply and get the acceptance letter-
The very first thing to do is to decide the university you want to get in. This is important before the start of application process. Once it is accepted, you will get acceptance letter required for the visa application. Some of the top universities in Canada are-
- Seneca College
- University of Regina
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Mount Allison University
Check if you need to apply for the student visa in Canada-
In some cases, you don’t have to apply for the study visa, if the following situations applies to you-
- You are a family or staff member of a foreign representative in Canada, who is accredited by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada.
- You enroll in a study programme that lasts less than six months.
- You are a member of foreign armed forces from the Visiting Forces Act.
Start your application for the Canadian Student Visa-
Once you receive the acceptance letter from the university, apply for the student visa also known as student permit. Here is how you can obtain-
- Apply online for your Canadian student visa, on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website before you arrive in Canada.
- In countries with limited internet access it’s also possible to apply for visa on paper.
- Provide an acceptance letter from a designated learning institution (a university recognized by the Canadian government).
- Deliver proof of sufficient financial resources to support your studies in Canada (tuition fees and living expenses).
- Have no criminal record.
In case, you have a family member working or applying for the work permit in Canada, within two weeks the study permit is processed. The study permit expires 90 days after your studies are finished when you receive a notification of the programme completion.
Be Prepared with documents-
There are certain documents you need to be ready with. Some of these documents are-
- Filled in student permit application form
- The original letter of acceptance from the university
- A valid passport/travel document, which also allows you to return to your home country. If you live in the U.S.A., this is not necessary
- Two recent passport-size photographs, with specifications of name and date of birth on the back
- Proof of financial support during your study programme that represents: tuition fee + 833 CAD/month (for all provinces, except Quebec) or tuition fee + 917 CAD/month (Quebec)
- A letter of explanation
It is better to connect with professional consultant like Apex Visas for the complete assistance to apply for student visa in Canada. Do make sure to be a part of Apex Visas reviews as you get satisfactory service.